August 21, 2009

Homesick

It's been about 2 weeks since I got here, how time flies. I'm beginning to freak out about how long I am going to be here and what that means. Getting increasingly frequent pangs of homesickness and mini panic attacks. Yes, I know life here sounds exciting (it's London after all) and the experience of setting up a new home and all is great but at the risk of sounding ungrateful, I sometimes ask myself wtf did I think I was doing deciding on this move. I miss the familiarities of home, of my close friends and loved ones, knowing where all the things and shops are, having the convenience of a car and knowing I can meet up with my dear friends whenever I want. Here, I find that I have to watch what I spend on, ask around before I know where to get certain things, I don't even know the areas when people talk about them, and generally I just feel lost and unresourceful. I hate hate hate feeling like that. Whilst it's definitely been easier having a couple of friends here who have been more than great in showing me around, it's just different.

Restless, unsettled, lost.

1 comment:

Peggy said...

Hi there,

Being homesick is normal, it'll soon go away. You'll meet new friends, be more familiar with your surroundings and London. Before you know it, you're going to be a local! Hang in there! I look forward to checking out your adventures on your blog! Take care and I'm just a skype, email, phone call away!(we can even do video conferencing!!) :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...