June 1, 2007

Food @ Central

Heh heh heh. Since Peirui already did the honour of blogging about it first (you're too fast for me girl!), I shall just steal her post about the sinfully decadent night we had pigging out on desserts to commerate Guru J's birthday from Gobi and Paisley & Cream.


These 2 lovely places are located at Central, the new mall at Clark Quay, with tons of Japanese eateries and other cafes. Had ramen at Central the other day at Marutama Ramen, reputedly one of the better ramen shops in Singapore.



I had the regular ramen with pork belly and egg. Not too bad, the soup was yummy, made from chicken stock as opposed to pork based tonkatsu ones. The stewed egg wasn't as runny as I'd hope it'd be. The pork belly is like "kong ba" but seasoned with soy sauce rather than five spice. Noodles were springy and thin, more like wanton mee "mee kia" rather than instant noodles. Not too sure which is more authentic though but I think I prefer thicker springy noodles.


I've yet to try Miharu, which is the other ramen place that's supposedly the best in Singapore, so can't really make a comparison. Marutama is good if you don't have to queue. Apparently it gets quite ridiculous on weekends so be forewarned.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...